Monday, February 28, 2011

Week One in Australia

Let me start off by saying that 14 hour flights suck. They suck hardcore. Especially so when you can't sleep even after taking a hardcore knockout pill. Fail.

The flight wasn't miserable, really. I had friendly neighbours (that's spelled the Aussie way) in my row and no one snored or was obnoxious in any way. All in all, the company was dandy. Unfortunately for me... I was in the rear of the plane. Really, really, rreeeaaaallllyyy freakin' loud back there. Even the headphones couldn't blare out the sound of the engine. Stupid engine and requiring it for to fly.

So, yeah. 14 hours. And that's after two 2-hour delays in both San Francisco and Los Angeles. Bleh. Oh wells.

Ahoy, there be Australia! After seeing clouds and water for far too long, land! Woot.

Customs are suck. They are full of uber suck with their not needing of the requirements I was supposed to meet. Stupid needing bank statements and insurance proofage and not being asked for it. Other than that, it was pretty win. Went by super quickly minus the bag retrieval and getting said bags scanned. Stupid lines.

Twas all worth it, though. For there was a Benji waiting for me. Much waving and head gesturing for him to go to other end of the line type thing to meet with me. Then there were hugs. And backwards cars. Yup. Backwards. Totally the wrong way. That shit's crazy. Ben was driving on the freeway/highway/road whatever and I was pretty terrified. Hahaha. Wrong side of the road, wrong side of the car. Sooo confusing! Then we finally reached my new abode for to reside in with Mr. Kolera and met his mother and sister there! <3 Then we had foods and conversations, though I started to pass out on the table at Purple Gorilla (burger place with roo burgers to, which for I has to try at some point). After our good, my almost unconscious visit, Ben and I went back upstairs and napped. Thhheeeennnn we met up with KC, Lex, Mel, and her boyfriend, I believe his name was Ryan? That was a super long long day.

So yeah, day one is right up there.

Uhhmmm... The rest of the week was spent just spending time with Ben, going to a workie-type meetup where I met his workmates and friends Chenry, Chris, and MJ. All were friendly toward me, so good start there! Also went out to KC and Lex's place, met his mum, and their roommate Clay. Good times to be had with that group in the future, I knows for sure! We also had dinner at Ben's mum's place and I met his brothers and a lady friend of the youngest Kolera boy. I started getting a bit tired out there, but my socializing skills were decent that night. I hope to make a better impression on his family once I'm a bit more used to my surroundings, the weather, and having a normal sleepytime schedule.

We also went to Soundwave. Think Van's Warped Tour and Ozzfest smooshed into one giant giant show. There were like 8 stages and it went on from 11am - 11pm. Long long day. Sunburning happened. I look all lobstery. Super cute.

OH! And Ben and I have an ice cream maker, courtesy of his mum. And we use it. WE USE THE HELL OUT OF IT! BECAUSE I LOVE ICE CREAM.

Also, Ben likes cooking. And I clean. So we're uber kick-ass kitchen team.

The shower glass only goes halfway along the shower. There is no slider. There wasn't meant to be a slider. This equaled confusion.

I have yet to see a potty flush the other way.

You can actually see stars out here.

This house is totally not girl friendly. Therefore today will be spent cleaning. Therefore making it more lady friendly. All kinds of therefores to be had.

Also, ex-girlfriend text messages too much. And nothing substantial. We like to reply "Lames." to everything she says. She asks about things she can find on the internets. Stupid. YOU HAVE A COMPUTER. AND INTERNETS. USE THEM. STUPID. -stab-

I miss my friends and family being within walking or short driving distance. I also miss Miles, rather than Kilometers, and I miss booze not costing so much, though I have yet to buy any. I hear it's far pricier. OH. And I miss Starbucks, late night drives, my kitty, Lady (UBER TONS), and my room. I miss working at the video store, I miss having people awake at the same time as me. I miss my madre and watching movies with her on random nights of the week and having ice cream with her and visiting with Aunt Jackie and Uncle Jim.

So, there is a lot of missing going on... but don't get me wrong. I'm very happy to be where I am with Ben. I'm very happy that he wanted me here enough to make it so, to open up his home to me and want to spend so much time with me. I know that this is what I want to do, and I'm going to continue down this path until one of these options occur:

A. He hates me and says GTFO
B. I hate him and I want to GTFO
C. All kinds of lovey goes bye-bye and I is sad and comes home. T_T
D. Other bad sad stuffs that I will refrain to make into brain scenarios

Sooo. Yeah. There you have it. Now I'm onto week two in Australia and I don't have Ben around all day to bother. Boo. Today is cleaning. Tomorrow is hopefully some time with Mel and/or KC, then KC again on Thursday with fun to be had, Friday daytime is unknown plannage, but evening time will be spent with Fuzzy. Saturday is Zoo and meeting Ben's dad and stepmom. Sunday plans are unknown to me, but I have a feeling I overheard talk of going back to Ben's mums... Whatever the case, as long as I'm spending time with him whenever he is free to do so, I'll be happy.

I pathetically miss him already, and it's only been 2 hours.

Well, off to my laundry and vacuuming.

Hope all is well in the states. I love and miss all of you guys very very much. <3

1 comment: