Thursday, February 10, 2011

one week to go...

so, tomorrow marks one week until i leave for australia. it all seems so very surreal. i can't believe it's happening, to be quite honest. i continue to try to grasp what's happening, but i can't wrap myself around it. my brain just hasn't come to terms with the fact that i'm leaving all i've ever known. not to say that's a bad thing, it's just a really, really scary thing.

escalon has been my home for the past 11 years. the central valley has been my home for my entire life. i know it's time to get out... i suppose i never expected getting out to be this far out. i took getting out to an extreme. it wasn't intentional, by any means, but it's where the road leads me and i'm not about to pass on the opportunity i've been given. i will miss my friends and family dearly. i've spent my whole life with my mom, and it's going to be extremely difficult to be without her on a daily basis, but i know that it's time for me to start my own life.

i don't really have much to update on besides the fact that i'm completely packed up and ready to go, aside from my last piece of luggage. saturday i'm going to get to spend the day with mom's side of the family, and sunday i'll be with my dad's. it'll be strange saying goodbye to them for at least a year, not knowing what the future holds for any of us. a lot can happen in a year... believe me, i know. the past year has brought so many changes to me, but i wouldn't have it any other way. change is definitely good, despite being scary as hell.

i wish everyone in my life the best, and i'm sad that i won't be around to share it with them, but it's not hard to keep in touch these days, so i really hope that my family and friends choose to keep me updated on their lives as well.

i love you all so very very much, and can't wait to tell you all about what goes on in my life day to day in my new home. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment